Rachmaninov's Vocalise...
Whoa... I almost forgot how electrifying this piece really is... i.e. until i got to episode 25 of La Corda... I remember falling in love with James Galway's interpretation of this in '95. Managed to play it a few times during a couple of those flute/piano jam sessions...
I've finished the show... nice and familiar compositions were featured... (paganini caprices!-again! "'-_-' geez... so am i fated to play Liszt's piano transcription or am i supposed to try un sospiro instead...?) I don't feel like i'm going very far with no.24 though... sighz...
Met up with the CSAsians this afternoon. It was ok... though, there was not much room to talk... cuz it was eating, or kids... besides i had to rush off for Ww prac... (something which wasn't - thankfully, regrettable or a waste of time) i kinda enjoyed today's prac. Maybe it's the pieces... maybe it's the way Dr. Lee did the rehearsals (do i see a hint of nihon influence?) or maybe it's just e way he chooses to shape the music... I learnt quite a bit - So i'm gonna stick with the band a while longer - since there's stuff to learn. :) Many non-music pple always ask me why i choose to spend so much of my weekends at rehearsals... now, i guess i have an answer... for the same reason i'll be attending Dr. Ho's seminar - to receive a bit of musical input. :)
Whoa... I almost forgot how electrifying this piece really is... i.e. until i got to episode 25 of La Corda... I remember falling in love with James Galway's interpretation of this in '95. Managed to play it a few times during a couple of those flute/piano jam sessions...
I've finished the show... nice and familiar compositions were featured... (paganini caprices!-again! "'-_-' geez... so am i fated to play Liszt's piano transcription or am i supposed to try un sospiro instead...?) I don't feel like i'm going very far with no.24 though... sighz...
Met up with the CSAsians this afternoon. It was ok... though, there was not much room to talk... cuz it was eating, or kids... besides i had to rush off for Ww prac... (something which wasn't - thankfully, regrettable or a waste of time) i kinda enjoyed today's prac. Maybe it's the pieces... maybe it's the way Dr. Lee did the rehearsals (do i see a hint of nihon influence?) or maybe it's just e way he chooses to shape the music... I learnt quite a bit - So i'm gonna stick with the band a while longer - since there's stuff to learn. :) Many non-music pple always ask me why i choose to spend so much of my weekends at rehearsals... now, i guess i have an answer... for the same reason i'll be attending Dr. Ho's seminar - to receive a bit of musical input. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home