Random Thoughts II
As a continuation to the previous entry,
5) I've always wondered why people want to help people. That warm feeling that I (most of us, I reckon) get when I put my heart and soul into helping people is really something to look forward to when we're helping... However, isn't that just a selfish act? Because we're helping on the basis of our satisfaction? We want to feel good, therefore we do... We're helping because we want to feel that way... is that not selfish in itself? I digress...
6) Have been thinking of trying for Cincinnati College of Music or Northwestern to further my studies... do a masters in wind-band conducting or the likes. Looks like I may really head there not to study... but because I need the refuge... I think it's just plain escapism, but who can stop me? Nothing is holding me back from studying overseas or doing a permanent volunteer in another corner of the Earth (except $$)... Practically speaking, I don't see a need to remain in SG longer than I need to or have to.
7) At least for now, my bond with the govt. still stands. I have no choice. I have till May nxt yr to decide. I have till June 2007 to decide again. Would I have chosen another career path if given a choice to re-live my past? I doubt it... Prob, still end up as a teacher... somewhere...
As a continuation to the previous entry,
5) I've always wondered why people want to help people. That warm feeling that I (most of us, I reckon) get when I put my heart and soul into helping people is really something to look forward to when we're helping... However, isn't that just a selfish act? Because we're helping on the basis of our satisfaction? We want to feel good, therefore we do... We're helping because we want to feel that way... is that not selfish in itself? I digress...
6) Have been thinking of trying for Cincinnati College of Music or Northwestern to further my studies... do a masters in wind-band conducting or the likes. Looks like I may really head there not to study... but because I need the refuge... I think it's just plain escapism, but who can stop me? Nothing is holding me back from studying overseas or doing a permanent volunteer in another corner of the Earth (except $$)... Practically speaking, I don't see a need to remain in SG longer than I need to or have to.
7) At least for now, my bond with the govt. still stands. I have no choice. I have till May nxt yr to decide. I have till June 2007 to decide again. Would I have chosen another career path if given a choice to re-live my past? I doubt it... Prob, still end up as a teacher... somewhere...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home