Just home from Gym, and feeling quite refreshed... however...
Some interesting stuff happened yesterday... during our staff contact time/meeting... call it what you want... oops, 'after' is the correct preposition... haha...
1: My P came up to me and asked, over tea, if I knew anything about the Genting Highlands Band Competition... I was like...err... wow, you want us to go? I told her what I frankly thought. My band isn't quite ready for Competitions like this and well, let's put it this way, if we do travel anywhere, perhaps we can head for Jeju or Japan, instead of Genting? Anyway, P wanted to know what the thing was all about and how 'big' the event is. She knows I'm pretty ambitious where my band is concerned, I suppose, that's why she actually bothered to ask me. She's apparently ALL for fund-raising and stuff like that so it looks like we're really set to fly! (This is so exciting... I muz let my kids know!)
2: There's supposed to be some opening musical in school where we're supposed to combine all the performing arts groups and come up with some stuff... looks like a big event! Then came the shock... from me actually... because I was dead against the 'organiser's' idea of putting all our SYF pieces together into the musical to save us time... my my... sorry Amy for being bad... then the discussion brought a few more people and somehow there was this deal that - if I were to receive the script by 12 mn last night, I would find and fit the music in by the end of the Sept school hols. I muz take my hat off to that teacher: she really did send it to me... by 2356 hrs last night! Reading the script in a while... I can already picture it in my mind... Big Project, Big Project!!!
The Madagascar bass ostinato works well with the kids... they're kept entertained for a whole half hour!
A lot to do, a lot to do!
Still wondering what in the almighty universe happened to you... am I wasting my time? I feel so let down, again... Your priorities are so different, I can't understand... yet that makes you stand out from all the rest... should I give it up?
There again, I feel the need to live by this quote:
"Today I will give everything I have, for anything I keep I will have lost forever."
You may hate me because of this...
but...
I have my reasons...
Some interesting stuff happened yesterday... during our staff contact time/meeting... call it what you want... oops, 'after' is the correct preposition... haha...
1: My P came up to me and asked, over tea, if I knew anything about the Genting Highlands Band Competition... I was like...err... wow, you want us to go? I told her what I frankly thought. My band isn't quite ready for Competitions like this and well, let's put it this way, if we do travel anywhere, perhaps we can head for Jeju or Japan, instead of Genting? Anyway, P wanted to know what the thing was all about and how 'big' the event is. She knows I'm pretty ambitious where my band is concerned, I suppose, that's why she actually bothered to ask me. She's apparently ALL for fund-raising and stuff like that so it looks like we're really set to fly! (This is so exciting... I muz let my kids know!)
2: There's supposed to be some opening musical in school where we're supposed to combine all the performing arts groups and come up with some stuff... looks like a big event! Then came the shock... from me actually... because I was dead against the 'organiser's' idea of putting all our SYF pieces together into the musical to save us time... my my... sorry Amy for being bad... then the discussion brought a few more people and somehow there was this deal that - if I were to receive the script by 12 mn last night, I would find and fit the music in by the end of the Sept school hols. I muz take my hat off to that teacher: she really did send it to me... by 2356 hrs last night! Reading the script in a while... I can already picture it in my mind... Big Project, Big Project!!!
The Madagascar bass ostinato works well with the kids... they're kept entertained for a whole half hour!
A lot to do, a lot to do!
Still wondering what in the almighty universe happened to you... am I wasting my time? I feel so let down, again... Your priorities are so different, I can't understand... yet that makes you stand out from all the rest... should I give it up?
There again, I feel the need to live by this quote:
"Today I will give everything I have, for anything I keep I will have lost forever."
You may hate me because of this...
but...
I have my reasons...

1 Comments:
am glad your P is supportive of your band. i don't think my P is that supportive of my choir... or music, for that matter... and to think my P is a music lover and my VP is a music person... bah! what do they know...!
your blog's a very profound read, i must say... not that easy to understand... :(
By
Desi-belle, at Sunday, August 28, 2005 9:23:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home